Pages

INSTAGRAM

Blog posts

Thursday 6 April 2017

Luna

Before I start my rant, don't get me wrong. Sunday Riley is up there with some of my favourite brands in the skincare world. "Good Genes" has changed my life for the better and I honestly don't think I'll ever be without the stuff. I will never forget the moment my friend Pippa and I finally decided to take the £85 plunge and got SO excited when we realised how damn good this stuff really is. 
Good genes is used as a serum and honestly, the results are insane. I am on my second bottle and saw such a change in the glowiness/evenness of my skin even after one use. Pricey as hell but worth it in my opinion. It comes in a pump so ingredients stay fresher for longer which I love. Read about it here: Good genes



 When I first heard about "Luna"- I obviously had to try it, given the incredible results Good Genes had shown me.
This "sleeping night oil" claims to reduce pore size, improve appearance of damaged skin and help fight wrinkles.
This is more of an overnight oil that you apply in the evenings after cleansing and toning. 


On first use, I was again blown away... my skin was smooth, glowy and just felt wonderful. So why am I now breaking up with this product?


1. After a few uses I found that this stuff irritated the crap out of my face. I was noticing that every - single - time I used it, I would break out in one way or another. I heard that this is normal initially, but it didn't change no matter how many times I went back to it.
2. After doing some research, and reading Caroline Hirons thoughts on it - I learnt that it actually contains a fair few ingredients that can irritate your skin, and that the blue colour is synthetic not due to the natural Blue Tansy Oil which I was led to believe. Not only this - but Caroline explains that actually the ingredients are not particularly expensive other than the main Retinol component which is supposed to be good for anti-aging. So why the ridiculous price tag? 
3. I have had this now for over a year, and I've barely gotten through it. It has a dropper, which means that every time it's opened, air gets to the bottle. I'm pretty sure it went off pretty quickly as a result. If only it came in a smaller bottle or with an alternative method of getting the product out. 
4. After the first few uses I did see a change in my skin - but after this literally nothing seemed to be happening. I definitely didn't notice any difference in pore size.
5. The oil doesn't sink in as nicely as other oils I've tried, and although this isn't the biggest issue, you are definitely left with a nice faint blue tinted face once you've applied it!

So there you have it - I am so sad to have to part with it, especially as it's SO expensive! I really wanted to love it - and I have heard of many people who do... but it's just not for me. If it works for you and you love it, I am super jealous!

I do want to try more of the range though despite this, especially the Martian Toner which I hear is great. 

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment