Pages

INSTAGRAM

Blog posts

Sunday 4 June 2017

May 2017 - this and that....

Hello again fellow beauty lovers! Apologies I have been seriously quiet for a couple of months over here, it's been pretty busy but I have lots of new things to share with you all!

I recently went to Sephora in Vegas (which was SO incredible) and after saving for many months I was able to pick up some pretty amazing products. I've also been really enjoying the Look fantastic beauty box which has included some amazing samples, and I had a really nice makeover at Charlotte Tilbury too in preparation for my friends wedding!
Its been a good couple of months makeup wise and I've really put some products to the test - so I thought I'd share some of my favourites/findings so far as well as talk through my current "go to" makeup look that's a little more amped up than a daily, natural look.  

1. Firstly I wanted to talk about the Tarte "Lights camera Lashes" mascara. This was a little mini from the mother nature collection in Sephora. It is really nice! It adds a lot of length and volume at once and is a really dark black which I love. It's so cute and diddy so perfect for travelling!

2. Natasha Denona Palette #4 OH MY GOD - This palette has blown me away completely. The quality and pigment of these shadows is out of this world and the colours are so beautiful. I need to pick up more next time I am there. It's expensive, but SO worth it in my opinion.

3. Nip + Fab Lip liner in "Fudge"  My new favourite Lip liner that may even be up there with Charlotte Tilbury Pillow talk... I put this on yesterday and it is the most natural looking liner I've ever used. For want of a better saying - it's the perfect "your lips but better colour". I then topped this with the Model Co super lips gloss in "Beige" which I received in this months LF beauty box. I usually HATE lip gloss to be completely honest - but this is so beautiful. It has a nice amount of pigment and goes perfectly with the liner to create an ombre effect. It's not too sticky either. 

4. Care for skin foundation Ormedic lip enhancement complex
I was kindly gifted this by my friend Melie and I haven't stopped using it since! I have never heard of this brand before, so not quite sure what I will do when it runs out (WAH). It's so hydrating/moisturising and adds a nice sheen to the lips. 

5. Charlotte Tilbury eyeliner in "Audrey"  last and by no means least - I am loving this eyeliner so much. I've been going through a phase of not wearing liner at all or going in fully with a liquid liner like the Stila stay all day (which is incredible). When the makeup artist put this on me the other day, it took me back to being about 15! I remember always wearing a brown eyeliner (literally every single day!) but not really applying it very well.... This applied to the outer edges and smudged looks so beautiful. The formula of this is wonderful - it's so creamy and easy to work with, yet lasts well too. I love an off black colour to add a subtle bit of definition to the eyes. 

Finally I had a lot of comments on this makeup look yesterday so thought I'd do a breakdown of products used - some of which are old favourites, some of which were brand new!

Base: Clarins beauty flash balm, Georgio Armani luminous silk foundation. Urban Decay naked concealer. Chanel Soleil tan de Chanel to warm up the face (applied only where the sun would naturally hit the face)

Powders: Bourjois healthy balance powder to set, Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder, Too faced chocolate bronzer, Tarte blush in the shade "Fiesty". Highligher - Becca champagne pop applied to all high points of the face. 

Eyes: Natasha Denona palette #4 - I applied Aura in the inner corner, Cool Bronze in the centre, and darkened the outer corner with Oxide and cool plum. I find these apply even more amazingly if you add them to the lid with your finger. I then applied the Charlotte Tilbury liner mentioned above from the middle of the lid to the outer corner, and a small amount of the Stila stay all day liner just so that my false lashes band wouldn't be too visible. I applied Eyelure texture lashes #117 which I love as they are so wispy and light. 

Eyebrows: I finished my Zoeva brow pencil in Ammos (so affordable - recommend!) initially to fill in and then went over only the outer edges with my Anastasia brow pomade in the shade "Blonde" to define them further. I'm really enjoying this so far - it stays put all day but is definitely more obvious than a pencil so I only tend to wear it if doing a full on makeup look. 

Lips: Finally on the lips I am wearing the Fudge liner mentioned above, and the Model Co lipgloss! I am obsessed with this combo after one use !! The liner is so creamy and they are only £5.95!!

Let me know what else you'd like to hear about xox

No comments:

Post a Comment