Pages

INSTAGRAM

Blog posts

Thursday 16 March 2017

Part two: Blusher!

I only realised recently that blusher isn't really one of those things that I buy a lot of. I think it's because I have one or two favourites that I just keep going back to time and time again - but also ones that seem to last for ages! 
I like a bit of blush to finish off any look, and will generally apply this to the apples of my cheeks and lightly brush it up into my bronzer so that it all blends in nicely. Here are a few of my current favourites (swatches below): 


1. Too Faced - Baby Love blush. I think it's clear to see that this one is my current go to! I really need to get a new one. I think I love this shade so much because it is SO natural looking & matte, so it's perfect for everyday makeup. These are so pigmented, you literally need the smallest amount. They are really buildable too. I love the heart shaped packaging! 

2. Tarte - Exposed. I got this on a trip to NYC purely as I had heard good things from The Anna Edit & my friend Pips. They were right, it is amazing and I wasn't disappointed. This beautiful, matte, nudey/plum shade is also one I reach for regularly. It is so subtle but can be built up, it never looks too much. The packaging is so cute too. 

3. Milani - Luminoso. Again I found this when I was looking for a more affordable blush on my NYC trip. I am so happy that they now stock it in the UK on Beauty Bay! (Yay). It is a dupe (ish) for Nars Orgasm in my opinion in that it has the same golden shimmery undertone on a lovely peachy blush. Perhaps a little peachier than the Nars one. Definitely give it a go if you are looking for a lovely pink flush of colour, for a lower price tag.

4. Mac - I unfortunately can't find this shade "Hipness" anymore - I think it was limited edition. Honestly though I don't think you can go wrong with any Mac blushes. They are a perfect size for travelling and have a great amount of pigmentation. They blend easily and there are so many shades to choose from! This shade looks scary in the pan but it's actually not that bright on (unless you apply LOADS!) - I tend to grab this for more full on makeup looks/when the rest of my makeup isn't too bright.

5. Soap & Glory - Peach party. This is one to grab if you like a bit of shimmer on your cheeks. It's almost a highlighter and blush combined and really adds a healthy glow to the skin. You could also use the separate colours on the eyes if you wanted! Soap & Glory stuff is such a bargain - they often have deals on in Boots. 


What are your favourites? xox







No comments:

Post a Comment