Pages

INSTAGRAM

Blog posts

Thursday 9 March 2017

Part one: Bronzers!

We've talked foundations, concealers and setting your makeup down - but here are a few of my favourite products that help to add a little colour back into the skin!

I usually set my face with powder, go in with a bronzer, highlighter and then my blush. I like to do it in this order purely so that the highlighter doesn't take over the whole look. I like to use powders usually, purely because I get oily throughout the day. We'll talk highlighters another day because there is too much to say about that, but see below for a list and swatches of my current favourite bronzers! (Blush to follow soon...)

Bronzer: 

It's so easy to get over excited and go in a little heavy handed with bronzer, especially when it's rainy and we are missing that sunshine!! It can end up looking a little much if you're not careful with colour choices too. My top tip is to go with a bronzer that is only a few shades darker than your skin tone and avoid those more "orange" toned products if you want it to look natural. Saying that, I have a few on the more orange toned side and going in with a light hand, you can still make them work. I only apply bronzer to the areas that the sun would naturally hit ie: the outer perimeter of the face/features that catch the sun. I then always bring it down my neck too. This way you keep the centre of the face bright which helps to keep you looking fresh, awake and glowy! I personally like to use a big fluffy brush for powders so that there are no harsh lines.

1. Chanel - Soleil Tan De Chanel. This stuff is slightly orangey, but providing you apply it lightly it looks absolutely beautiful on the skin. I LOVE this when I'm on holiday and wanting a more minimal makeup look. It looks GREAT with a tan and I imagine would like amazing on most skin tones. It's a cream bronzer so I apply this with a more dense brush, and buff this in in the same areas I would a powder. It can be used underneath foundation to add some definition, or over to bronze the skin. 

2. Soap & Glory - Solar Powder. This is a great product on more of the budget end. The thing I love is that you get two different shades. You can either swish them together, or use one! The cooler tone one doubles up as a contouring product which is great. Below I've swatched both colours together. 

3. Hourglass - Ambient lighting bronzer. This stuff is CRAZY pigmented. It has a slight shimmer running through it so avoid if you prefer a matte look. I got myself a cute mini when in NYC and I love it. I'm not sure I could bring myself to spend £45 on the larger version quite yet...It is so beautiful though. 

4. Physicians Formula - Butter bronzer. This stuff smells like holidays and sunshine - oh my goodness so good. It gives a beautiful wash of colour and is on the cheaper end too, I'm sad we can't get it in the UK yet. Fingers crossed it will come over soon!

5. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil. If I had to choose just one bronzer for the rest of my life, right now I think this would be it. I wrote about it in my monthly favourites here .... 


























What are your favourites? xox

No comments:

Post a Comment