Pages

INSTAGRAM

Blog posts

Sunday 12 February 2017

My go to daily products.

I think because I own a stupid amount of makeup, people often think I go in and do a full face of makeup every day. That is definitely not the case, and more recently I've actually been going bare faced to work which can be quite liberating! 

Saying that, I love makeup (in case you didn't know), and generally if I have the time in the morning (and haven't snoozed my alarm a million times!) I will aim to do a quick 10 minute face, and these are the products I am currently reaching for the most (click names for more info):





1. Too Faced Hangover primer - This is such a lovely primer which I recently re-purchased. It feels more like a moisturiser really as it's so hydrating and leaves skin glowy and ready for the next steps. I've been suffering with some random dryness recently and this really helps.

2. Dr Jart BB Cream - Again this acts more so as a skincare layer. See my previous blog post (here) to see why I love it so much as an initial layer of coverage and also to chuck in my daily SPF easily. 

3. Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - I've finally managed to break my awful habit (ish) of grabbing my Georgio Armani foundation for daily use. It's still one of my absolute favourites of course, but too expensive to be wearing every day. SO this Bourjois version is what I'm currently grabbing for. Again see my foundation post for full info. A great bargain in my opinion for every day wear!

4. Urban Decay Naked Concealer - (Fair neutral) I go in and conceal with this after foundation... There are no further words needed, I have raved about this enough!! I use my trusty beauty blender to blend this in <3

5. Benefit Lemon Aid to spot conceal with the Real Techniques Detailer Brush this is great under or over foundation for me, to cover redness and any blemishes. I've been through so many of them. The detailer brush is perfect for this step because of its teeeny tiny size (meaning you can control the amount you apply so well/get into smaller areas so easily)

6. Urban Decay De Slick Powder applied with Real Techniques Powder Brush My favourite setting powder for the last... as long as I can remember really! Absorbs oils so much better than any other powder I've tried, and is translucent so perfect for anyone. I love this powder brush too as it's HUGE and so so soft. 

7. Soap & Glory Archery Brow Pencil to define the eyebrows, I love that this has a spooly on one end too.

8. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer  - This smells and looks like chocolate if it wasn't obvious from the title. I love this and recently purchased a lighter shade now that I am not tanned. It applies so easily and adds life back into the face. LOVE.

9. The Balm Luminizer Trio - Obviously for work you don't want to be a shining disco ball, and to be honest this stage is the hardest for me because I am just crazy about highlighter and want to put it everywhere. The good thing about this palette is that you can go in with Mary Lou (the champagne coloured shade) so subtly for everyday use, but build up if you want more of an intense look. The other colours work beautifully as a blush/bronzer but also double up great as eye shadows. A great palette to have in your collection!

10. Too Faced Love Flush in Baby love - These blushes are just so adorable packaging wise, but are also SO pigmented and beautiful. You only need the smallest amount, so go in with a light hand. 

11. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara - I've been using this for years, and swear by it. I wore the waterproof version on my wedding day. It adds length & fullness and can be built up for a more dramatic look also. 

12. Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfecter in the shade 06. OH MY GOODNESS, I am obsessed with these and don't talk about them enough. I grab for shade 06 the most. It is so so beautifully natural, yet adds a light bit of colour to finish any look perfectly. I don't usually like gloss but this isn't the sticky type, but more of a moisturising layer of shine. SO gorgeous. I need to go and get all of them.

So there you have it, my go to "M.O.T.D". What are your go to products?

** Let me know what other posts you would like to see too!**

xox



No comments:

Post a Comment