Pages

INSTAGRAM

Blog posts

Friday 3 February 2017

Colour correction and concealers

Hello fellow beauty lovers! 

Moving on from my foundation stash post, let's talk colour correction and concealing. 

As mentioned before, getting the base of my makeup right is one of my favourite things to do.
I've always searched for products that can cancel out any redness and cover up any imperfections. 






Colour correcting is a stage that I don't believe you have to do, and I certainly don't do it on a daily basis. It can sometimes take forever and if over done can look too much. However - with a small amount of colour here and there, you can really even out the complexion (if you want to).

If colour correcting, I generally do this before foundation to ensure it is fully blended out and can be evened out further by a layer of foundation over the top.
Depending on your skin concerns - there are multiple different products and colours that you can use. My personal favourites are the Urban Decay colour correcting range. Have a read here to find out what colours you may want to use:

I personally suffer with redness at times (in multiple areas) and darker blue/purples under my eyes (which get worse with tiredness!)
For this - I have religiously used the Benefit "Lemon-aid" on red areas despite it being labelled as an eye lid primer. 
For darkness under the eyes, I use a peach corrector and then go over the top with a light concealer. If I am in a rush I don't always bother with this step but it can make a real difference when doing a full face of makeup. Less is more in this area - as it will only look "cakey" if you go overboard. 

More recently I've been obsessed with the pink Urban Decay colour correcting fluid. It's a new favourite, but I'm not surprised given that the formula is identical to the concealers. Other options that I have on the go are the Bobbi Brown peach correcter in "light to medium bisque" (see below). A cheaper alternative is the Soap & Glory "Kick Ass concealer" set which comes with a peach and a yellow corrector, as well as a mini setting powder. Bargain. The EX1 delete cream was also good for me when I was a little more tanned to cover redness (although more of a concealer) but unfortunately now it is too dark! I believe they have more colours now which I really need to explore, as this is such a reasonable option too. 




Concealers are a bit of an addiction of mine. Those listed below are ones that I use (after colour correcting) to conceal under the eyes, as well as brighten up the centre of the face with. I have far too many on the go at the moment (some of which I haven't quite made my mind up about) so I've decided to pick a current top three (my personal favourites). 

1. My absolute favourite, which will come as no surprise to those who know me, is the Urban Decay "Naked skin" concealer. To me, nothing else compares. It has the perfect amount of coverage, adds hydration to prevent creasing and is so easy to blend. I don't think I will ever be without it! Find it here: Naked skin. I use the shade fair neutral at the moment when less tanned. They have a great shade range. 

2. Nars radiant creamy concealer comes in close in 2nd place, the only thing I find is that it is quite a bit heavier and also not quite as hydrating. It does provide a great amount of coverage though so I do grab for it occasionally. I have the shade Vanilla (light 2)

3. Maybelline the eraser eye concealer.  Considering the price, this is an absolutely incredible option. To be honest it isn't too different to those listed above - but I just don't find it lasts quite as long. 

Another nice option on the cheaper end is the Bourjois radiance reveal concealer. The only reason I don't use this as regularly is because it is slightly lighter in coverage than the ones listed above, but it's a lovely hydrating one for those looking for a less intense option.

What are your favourites?

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment