Pages

INSTAGRAM

Blog posts

Tuesday 13 December 2016

Beautycon 2016!


Beautycon finally headed to the UK in 2015, and this year I was lucky enough to attend. In all honesty I had actually never heard of it until very recently, but the minute I did I was straight onto the website to buy my ticket! 
I went for a regular ticket which cost £30 and allowed access to all of the main stalls and some meet ups which was good enough for me. It also meant you could watch all panels which I managed to get a front row seat for! Overall it was a great day, made better by the fact that I got to meet some amazing people!

What I wore: 



I decided to go for my favourite foundation - the one and only - Georgio Armani Luminous silk. I then used Urban Decay Naked concealer, Urban Decay De-slick powder, Kevin Aucoin Sculpting powder, Hourglass Bronzer, Becca Champagne Pop highlight, Tarte Exposed blush, Urban Decay Moondust in Recharged, a fine line of black eyeliner by Bourjois, Maybelline Lash Sensational, Eyelure 101 lashes, and finished with one of my new favourite lip products: Stila liquid lipstick in Baci which literally did not budge all day. (Have a look at my previous post http://lvdnbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/get-your-hands-on-these-lip-kits-now.html to find out more)

I knew I was going to be seeing all sorts of makeup gurus on the day, so there was some serious pressure in my head to get my makeup right - I was flapping for ages wondering what on earth to wear, but I was pleased with the result and thank goodness it lasted me all day!! (Despite the insane heat in the venue)  




What I did:

On arrival I wandered around the venue and had a look at the selection of stalls - which included brands such as NYX, Pixi, Limecrime and Eyelure. Amazing!





I then managed to nab myself a front row seat for the first panel of the day which included some amazing youtubers (In The Frow, Kaushal Beauty, Helen Anderson!) who I have watched for a long time now. It was really amazing to hear them talking about their journey in the beauty world. 






After the panel I was lucky enough to meet the Pixiwoos (!!) & queue to meet some more of my favourite bloggers at the Beauty Bay stall which was the highlight for me. Everyone was so down to earth and friendly. I've been inspired by them all so many times now, so it was lovely to be able to thank them and say hi!

Above: Roxi, Sabrina, Me and Leyla!

If you don't know who I'm talking about - check out their channels here: 


I'm obsessed. 

The only down side to my Beautycon experience was that the venue (Kensington Olympia) is so huge, and there is SO much space there...but on the day there were hardly any brands filling the space! It was such a shame, mainly because it lead to the queues getting bigger and bigger over the day with over an hour waiting time in some cases! I queued for almost an hour and a half to get to the front of the LimeCrime stall just to look at what was on offer. In all fairness, I'm glad I did because OH my their liquid lipsticks are INCREDIBLE. I've since tested 2 of them, alongside their Diamond Crushers and I have been blown away. 









Left to right: Lulu, Prairie, Trip, Lit












HOWEVER, the whole day would have been soooooooo much better if more brands were involved for people to explore, as I think there were around 4000 people there over the day. (See below queue for NYX, which FYI bent around many corners)





Anyway - all in all it was a great day and I think I'd go again even just for the selfies ;-)

Let me know if you went too and what you thought!

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment