Pages

INSTAGRAM

Blog posts

Sunday 23 October 2016

Serums/treatments part one.

This might just be my favourite stage. I love a good serum/treatment. For many years I thought that this kind of product was just a way of getting you to spend extra money, a fad if you will, but the truth is they really can boost your skincare regime in a huge way. There are so many different kinds, for so many different skin concerns; my main ones being for dehydrated, congested and sensitive skin.  You definitely don't need this stage, but I think it's totally worth trying.
I like to switch and change to make sure I am catering to my skin needs on the day. I cleanse, tone and then apply serum before moisturising/using oils. Sometimes I might use these twice a day, but generally they feature in my morning routine. 

The following are some of my current favourites (link in names):




The lovely thing about this range is that they have something for everyone. I decided to go with the Detox version. It's a relatively new one for me, but I'm really enjoying it so far. It claims to help your skin out after a hectic weekend, large amounts of unhealthy foods or if you've been exposed to polluted air. (Sounds like most weekends to be honest!!) For me this sounded like a dream. It helps to "decongest and purify". Simply add a few drops to your moisturiser or any other skin care item really - and rub in! They have an energy and repair version too. Quick, easy and effective. 

If you have dehydrated/dry skin - you need this in your life. It is one of the most hydrating serums I've ever used.  Apply before moisturiser to lock in the moisture. I've also used the Hydraluron range which is usually available in Boots, and often on offer. I think they both work spectacularly and do what they say on the tin.


Despite being an oil like serum, this does not feel greasy or oily. It sinks straight in. Again this is fabulous for dehydrated skin, but also helps with any angry areas.


This stuff is lovely and seems to tackle most skin complaints. I have the smaller bottle which I got as part of a gift set. Hydrating, soothing and smoothing - skin feels soft and fresh after use. It helps to even skin tone and protect from daily environmental aggressors.  Most Debenhams stores have gift sets with a smaller tester version of this in - give it a go!


I got this recently as a birthday present to myself! I am already in love with it, and getting through it at a rate of knots. This adds so much moisture, and sinks in immediately. It helps to calm down any redness and feels silky on the skin. On the pricier end, but worth it for the potent, natural ingredients. 



If you're looking for a slightly cheaper version to try out - one that I would highly recommend (and possibly compare to some of the above) is the Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum. I actually miss this quite a lot...


Let me know your favourites! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment