Pages

INSTAGRAM

Blog posts

Monday 24 October 2016

More treatments!

Treatments continued... I just have far too many favourites! 
I really should use things up before I buy more, but there are just so many good ones out there. (Skin care addict problems!!)
All of the following are great for congested/spot prone skin, uneven skin tone, and pigmentation. (My previous post focused more on hydration)

Again click names for links, these are in no specific order...

1. Bravura - Salicylic acid 2%
This is a fantastic targeted treatment for acne prone skin. I apply this to any breakouts when my face is being particularly annoying. There are specific instructions that come with it, advising that you gradually build up your tolerance. I started out applying for a few minutes and then rinsing, but now tend to leave for 10 mins or sometimes overnight mixed in with another treatment/moisturiser. It's very versatile and really does work. I notice that spots/redness are reduced almost instantly after use. A handy one to have in the stash.

This is a new-ish one for me again. I am really enjoying it so far, and tend to use it 1-2 nights per week at the moment. It does wonders for quite a range of different skin concerns - particularly scarring, hyper-pigmentation, spots, oiliness and fine lines. I'd say this is probably one that will work more over time, but there are definitely instant results too. You wake up with lovely glowy skin in the morning, and it helps to unclog pores/reduce oiliness. 

I like this. I don't love it. I purchased it and then realised that it contains Shea butter which generally doesn't make my skin too happy. Oops. If I use a small amount, every now and again I can generally get away with it. It definitely resurfaces, hydrates and gets rid of any dry patches/adds glow - so give it a go if you're happy with Shea. I'd likely choose something else over this in the future though. 

Ok so I think I may have had this for far too long...as looking online now, I can no longer find this exact version!! Maybe that's a sign that it needs to be chucked. I think that they do a similar version now which has possibly just been reformulated. Anyway - this is another great product for oily/acne prone skin - it contains Salicylic Acid & Glycolic acid to help exfoliate and clear pores/balance the skin. Love it...Need to get the newer version to see if it works the same. 

This stuff is a huge favourite of mine. I think I love most Vichy products to be honest. This is a great overnight treatment to calm, tighten pores, enhance radiance and even out skin texture. Will definitely buy this again. (& again)

I was gifted this by my lovely fellow skincare addict Pippa! I really like it, again it has those wonderful spot fighting ingredients and helps to reduce redness/clear skin gradually overnight. I'd buy it again.

7. Sunday Riley - Good genes
I've posted about this before, and I know, it's SUPER pricey...But oh my god is it worth it. I have officially run out completely and am saving up my pennies so that I can get some more. It is like a slap in the face for your skin (in the best way, does that make sense?!). I think if I had to choose between any of these products pictured below - it would have to be this. OF course. The most expensive. GAHHH.

8. LaRoche-Posay - Effaclar Duo
I think I've been using this since I was about 16?! It was probably one of the first skin care products that I spent a little more money on when my acne was really getting me down. It is a wonderful product, and really does what it claims to do. It's good as a daily treatment. I use it under moisturiser. If you're looking to try something like this - it's a reasonably priced item to start out with.  


Let me know your favourites! xox

No comments:

Post a Comment