Pages

INSTAGRAM

Blog posts

Monday 24 October 2016

Moisturisers and eye creams...

To be honest, moisturiser is a stage that I don't get overly excited by, and I am still definitely looking for the one. That must be why. BUT it is so important and locks all the other good products used beforehand into place.
I'm kind of the same about eye cream - I think perhaps it is because I don't see any instant results, but I guess long term it will hopefully make a difference, which is why I continue!

Here are the current items in my stash: 

Moisturiser:
I recently established that both the Botanics and Bioderma have shea butter in which for some reason, AGAIN I did not realise. Perhaps this is why they aren't working wonders for me. Again, used sparingly I'm sure they will do for now. But the Ole Henriksen one wins for me so far..

This is lovely and so affordable at only £2.50!! It adds glow, moisturises and makes skin feel really fresh. It smells beautiful too and contains natural AHA's which exfoliate and smooth. Again, if you're ok with Shea butter - give this a go. This is also lovely mixed in with foundation/as a primer.

I do actually quite like this as it's really basic, and doesn't aggravate the skin. I think it would possibly be one of my favourite moisturisers if I wasn't so sensitive to the Shea butter. (God how many times can I say Shea butter today!!!)
Hydrating, calming and a simple, affordable way to moisturise your skin. What a shame for me. 

So - I actually did a test with this one prior to my wedding, to try and get my skin to calm itself. I used nothing but this moisturiser, and their collagen boosting "truth" serum as my main skin care items. These two combined are dreamy - and this really did surprise me with its ability to fade my dark spots/hyper-pigmentation. I have the kind of skin that scars so badly even after a tiny spot. This really helped with it, as well as generally hydrating and protecting. Ok so after more thought and typing this out... I've realised that maybe this is the one! Of course, again it's the most expensive. Typical me.


Eye cream:

Lovely, simple, creamy and hydrating. Lasts forever too so well worth the price. 

I think I initially got this as a sample through a space NK order. I loved it, got the full size version and felt that it really helped to smooth out fine lines which are a real issue for me under the eyes. I've been using it for a while now, and for some reason it has started to really sting me! I need to figure out if it's just because I've had it too long or if the product is just not working for me anymore. Mixed thoughts at this moment in time! Mostly good thoughts, but this is to be continued...

This has mineral oil in which a lot of people are against. I'm yet to find an issue with it in an eye cream personally, and this stuff is my go to if my eyes are a little sore. I occasionally get eczema and dryness around my eyes for some reason and this helps as an overnight treatment to hydrate and calm. If I had to choose between the three, it would be this.... and it's the cheapest woohoo!


Let me know your favourites...xox

No comments:

Post a Comment