Pages

INSTAGRAM

Blog posts

Monday 31 October 2016

Get your hands on these lip kits NOW...

Seriously.
Do it now. I just happened to fall across them during an online shopping moment, and I'm so glad that I did. 

Both of them are a fantastic Christmas gift idea, or just a genuine steal for yourself (in my case!). I paid £57 for both of these sets through some amazing birthday vouchers...and I got 11 lipsticks, 1 mattifier and one sparkly top coat!
Insane amounts for your money. Yes both sets are minis, but all a good size regardless. YES they're worth it. (NO this is not a paid for advert!!! Hahaha)

1. Stila: Sparkle all night Stay all day set 


I thought I was blown away by the ABH liquid lips, I still am for sure, but the Stila ones are a serious competition and at a slightly lower price / available in the UK. 

I am already in love and trialled a few colours yesterday.
They lasted through drinks and a meal. Winning. 
The set comes with a top coat of glitter - who doesn't love glitter? I know I do, and with Christmas coming up it's the perfect addition to a normal lippy. 



 Here they are swatched alone on the arm: 


Glitter coat at the very top and then top to bottom: Fresco, Patina, Baci, Bacca, Rubino. All of them dry matte but you can add the glitter coat for more of a gloss effect, or another gloss over the top if you wanted. 
They are a teeny tiny bit drying, but for the colour pay off - I think it's worth it. I just applied a lip mask overnight and was good to go the next day. This is the price we pay for beauty ;-)

Here they are with the glitter coat added to the edge (right side): 






<------


<------




All gorgeous colours! If I was to say one small thing, it would be that Fresco and Baci are quuuuiiiiite similar, but who cares, they are both beautiful! (Baci is slighty pinker/Fresco slightly more brown ish if you're wondering).


1. Smashbox: light it up - Lipstick set

Alternatively if you're looking for more of a glossy finish on the lips and prefer your more "typical" lipstick (slightly shorter wear time, but still SO worth the money) this set is equally dreamy. 

These are all SO incredibly hydrating. I can't even believe how much they feel like a lip balm but with such great colour pay off at the same time. 

Here they are lined up like soldiers, looking sexy. 

Left to right: Famous, Fig, Inspiration, Legendary, Primrose, Tabloid. 


Here they are on the arm without the mattifier:




Below you can see the matte effect has been added to the right hand side of the colour. Amazing. I'm not going to lie, I was dubious but it actually works. SO VERSATILE.



Just for the record - left are the Smashbox lippies rubbed off with one (hard) swipe, on the right Stila liquid lips - so you can see the longlasting effect. 

Either way - I LOVE THEM ALL

You may catch me with all 11 colours merged because I just can't decide.

Let me know if you'd like to see lip swatches. I promise to have a better camera available soon!

XOX

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely brilliant Lucy! very interesting and insightful the links very handy too thank you x

    ReplyDelete